Sunday, March 31, 2013

So what is radio up these days?

Valerie Geller interview @ NPOX 09 from punkmedia on Vimeo.

As summer time kicks in (without anything like the spring temperatures we expect at Easter) so I realise that old stuff on the Interwebs needs to be reamained to see if there have been updates. Take this interview I made with Valerie Geller, in Hilversum to promote her book Powerful Radio. I'm amazed this was done nearly 4 years ago. It still seems to me that many in radio are still stuck with filling channels and focussing far too much time on distribution issues rather than creative cross-media storytelling. I listen a lot to radio, although I realise that the majority of the time the audio from the radio station is no longer coming out of a radio. Of course, I'm biased because I'm looking for content that isn't available locally on FM or DAB. 

No comments:

ShareThis