Thursday, September 09, 2004

This is Crazy...

How on earth do you have an emotional relationship with a power company? One company in Holland, called Eneco is boasting about its new loyalty programme which it has developed with an Amsterdam PR agency. It will improve the relationship with their 2 million client, so it claims.

What on earth are they trying to sell - should I switch on more bulbs to boost their profits or save energy to keep my costs down? I already have an emotional reaction when I hear that name. My experiences with Eneco's helpdesk ended in pure frustration - as soon as their monopoly on billing for cable goes away, I will escape. Now they are going to waste resources promoting something that I thought was part of the public good - along with water, air and occasional sunshine.

No comments:

ShareThis