Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Iron Man 3 or Gandhi 2?

I have a strange memory for production music that I used to use in radio shows back in the 1980's. I remember, for instance, that American comedian and parody song writer Weird Al Yankovic released an album in 1989 called UHF. One of the tracks was a parody on the 1982 film Gandhi, starring Ben Kingsley.


The entire film is on YouTube I see. And on my bookshelf infront of me, come to think of it. Great film by the way.



In the parody, Gandhi comes back for round 2, and "this time its no more Mr Nice Guy". Not sure why that line stuck.

Fast forward to 2013, and in April we'll see the 3rd film in the series Iron Man. Who is playing the evil Mandarin who comes to destroy most of what Iron Man owns and loves? It's Ben Kingsley. Can't help thinking that someone dug up the Weird Al Parody during the castings. Certainly Ben is no more Mr Nice Guy. Notice how both characters have a pimple on the forehead.  "Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself as a teacher".

Ben's Back - No more Mr Nice Guy


So why can I remember this nonsense and not where I put my housekeys? OK, back to work!


No comments:

ShareThis