Monday, February 27, 2012

Transmission Control at the BBC


KING EDWARD VIII'S FIRST BROADCAST TO THE EMPIRE



Watched the Director's Cut version of the Kings Speech, because a shot in the video above kept bugging me. I learned from Tom Hooper that they dressed up Battersea Power Station to look like the transmission control room, I presume at Daventry. You could see that the dials were not showing the right sort of things. But looking at this footage for the preparation of King Edward VIII's first broadcast to the Empire, they weren't far off at all. Take a look. Now back to work!




1 comment:

Wayne said...

I watched those scenes closely, also on the Blu-ray, and it seems a number of the needles were on "0" so I figured any Royal flubs might not have been heard anyway :-)

WayneM in Illinois

ShareThis