Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm Watching This

Regular readers of these musings will know that I am not a fan of the Amsterdam city slogan "IAmsterdam". It may be a nice graphics trick, but it doesn't work in audio-visual production. You can't do a pay-off that says, "and so, I Amsterdam". The only bit of light relief came when they modified the slogan in respect of a campaign to recognise stutterers.
However, the bad slogan idea seems to have spread to Italy, where I note that a new brand of smart watch is called I'm Watch. At first glance it looks kinda cool to have a mini iPad strapped to your wrist. This design comes at a price - the most expensive version will set you back 1600 Euro and there's no word on how long the batteries last between charge. This might be the last attempt we see to get young people to wear watches. Most of the people I know under 25 never wear one. And because this watch doesn't do everything, you end up carrying two devices.

No comments:

ShareThis