Thursday, July 22, 2010

Howard's Way of the World

Part of a series of interviews I have been doing looking back on the age of international broadcasting via shortwave in the second half of the 20th cemtury.

Margaret Howard is best known the UK for presenting Pick of the Week on the BBC Radio 4 as well as several great programmes she made for Classic FM. Internationally, though, I first recall her as the host of LetterBox on BBC World Service.

I first met her at a radio convention in Montreal, Canada and remembered why she left the World Service in the 60's. While passing through London a few months back, I dropped by to capture some of her memories of working for the shortwave wireless. Here's part of our conversation.

After our chat, she made me a superb cup of tea.

No comments:

ShareThis