Saturday, November 17, 2007

Panasonic Anti-Commercial Schiphol

Just arrived home after a long trip across the Atlantic. Got here before my luggage it would seem. Outside the arrivals hall, I am waiting for the bus to the long-stay car park. A large advertising screen glares at me from the other side of the road. Sort of..

Now if, like Panasonic, you make LED screens for large outdoor displays, wouldn't you monitor that things are looking good with the display? The only large screen display outside the arrivals hall at Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport has gone wrong, with parts of screen not working or showing a single colour. The problem is so noticeable that the ads for some products (including a new Panasonic camera) are infact unwatchable. If I were Panasonic, I'd switch it off rather than let this thing advertise Megapixel failure. It is any HDTV owners worst nightmare.

No comments:

ShareThis